Table of Contents
Sign up for the Call to Action to be invited to share your ideas about what we can do at Sonoma State to address the racial injustice that permeates our society and degrades Black lives and people of color everywhere.
Higher Education Must Work for Racial Justice - Center for Community Engagement blog post
What Happens to a Dream Deferred? - Sonoma State University President
Standing Together against Racism: A Call to Action - Sonoma State University Provost
Black Lives Matter - Sonoma State University Vice President for Student Affairs
Statement of Support - Sonoma State University Police Chief
We Are Now Changing the Things We Cannot Accept - President of Associated Students
Response to Systemic, Persistent Anti-Black Violence - Academic Senate
Black, Indigenous, People of Color Owned Business in Sonoma County list- submit a business here.
If you have the means, there are many resources — from bail funds to GoFundMe fundraisers for victims — that would benefit from your donation.
- Donate to the Emergency Release Fund, which supports trans protestors by posting bail for pretrial medically vulnerable individuals and anyone who identifies as LGBTQ.
- Donate to the NAACP Legal Defense Fund, which fights for structural change.
- Donate to the API Legal Outreach.
- Donate to AYPAL: Building API Community Power.
- Donate to API Equality - Northern California.
- Donate to Bay Rising.
- Donate to the Chinese Progressive Association (CPA).
- Donate to the Ida B. Wells Society, which supports journalists of color.
- Donate to Alliance of South Asians Taking Action (ASATA).
- Donate to Communities United Against Police Brutality, which offers numerous resources to support the fight against police brutality.
- Donate to the Asian Immigrant Women Advocates.
- Doneate to Save Our Chinatowns.
- Donate to support Oakland Chinatown businesses.
- Sign a petition calling for justice for Breonna Taylor here.
- Sign a second petition here for Breonna.
- Donate to the Asian Pacific Fund.
- Justice for the Murder of Rayshard Brooks petition.
- Donate to Help my grandmother recover from this trauma.
- Donate to Help Noel Quintana.
- Sign the petition to Defund the Police
- The Appeal
- Brené Brown with Ibram X. Kendi
- Can one person change the criminal justice system?
- Cite Black Women
- The Daily
- The Groundings
- Hear To Slay
- Justice In America
- The Mind of the Village: Understanding Our Implicit Biases
- The Native Seed
- Pod Save The People
- Seeing White
- Speak Out with Tim Wise
- Still Processing
- What Next (by Slate) - Episode: A History of Violent Protest
- The Anti-Racist Reading List
- Toward a Universe of Scholarship on Race and Social Justice
- "All the Real Indians Died Off": And 20 Other Myths About Native Americans
- Asian and Asian American Books
- Award-Winning African American Books
- Bilingual Books (English/Spanish)
- Books About Native Americans
- Books About Racism and Social Justice
- Books to Inspire Young Activists
- Books That Promote Diversity and Inclusion
- Claiming Anishinaabe: Decolonizing the Human Spirit
- Coretta Scott King Book Award Winners
- Civil Rights Books
- Eloquent Rage: A Black Feminist Discovers Her Superpower
- Me and White Supremacy: Combat Racism, Change the World, and Become a Good Ancestor
- Rez Life: An Indian's Journey Through Reservation Life
- So You Want to Talk About Race
- Stamped From the Beginning: The Definitive History of Racist Ideas in America
- Stony the Road
- Tears we cannot stop : a sermon to white America
- They can't kill us all : the story of the struggle for Black lives
- When They Call You a Terrorist: A Black Lives Matter Memoir
- White Fragility: Why It’s So Hard for White People To Talk About Racism
- 4 Family-Friendly Movies with Afro-Latinx Stars (video)
- Ibram X. Kendi on "How to Be an Antiracist" (video)
- Rumble: The Indians Who Rocked the World
- Return (by singing wolf productions)
- Reel Injun
- Association of American Colleges & Univerities Equity Scoreboard
- Anti Racist Resources for Your 2020-2021 Teaching
- Classroom Diversity and Inclusive Pedagogy
- Diversity Style Guide
- ‘Diversity Regimes’
- Inclusive Teaching Toolkit
- Is Dialogue Enough to Bridge Racial Divides?
- Racial Equity Tools Glossary
- The Life of a Black Academic: Tired and Terrorized
- The Social Justice Syllabus Design Tool: A First Step in Doing Social Justice Pedagogy
- University of Southern California Race & Equity Center
- Anti-Racist Resource List for White People and Allies
- Hollaback! Anti Harrassment Training
- Implicit Bias Test
- Insurrection at the Capitol Justice and Reconciliation on our Campuses and in our Nation
- Justice for Angelo Quinto Abolitionist Toolkit
- Know Your Rights while protesting
- National Museum of African American History Web Portal
- White Allyship 101
- White Teachers Need Anti-Racist Therapy